[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Delegate to the 2015 NomCom

Milton L Mueller mueller at syr.edu
Mon Aug 25 00:08:01 CEST 2014

I think Kathy makes an important point. ICANN's contracts are with registries and registrars, and more than 90% of its budget comes from them. This of course indirectly affects individual and organizational registrants such as the people we are supposed to represent. The idea that a board selected primarily by ccTLDs and RIRs would be deciding issues that are 90% domains doesn't make a lot of sense, either from an equity or an efficiency standpoint.

--MM