[NCUC-DISCUSS] Scope creep and renegade was Re: NCUC Statement on PRISM?

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Mon Oct 28 12:10:33 CET 2013

Like many other pieces of the puzzle that make the Internet work ICANN has
a specific role and mission, like it or not.

The only reason for its existence is to assist in the coordination of
assignment and use of unique identifiers required by the Internet protocols
and services, and enable a multistakeholder platform for policy development
by the "community" on how those identifiers are assigned and maintained
also taking in consideration that the systems associated like DNS provide
security and stability to the rest of the Internet architecture.

Fadi is an executive employee hired by the organization to manage it within
this role and mission.

Does ICANN need to be part of the bigger IG picture ? Sure, but within its
role and mission.

I totally agree with Dan, that if we want start building an organization
for the overreaching IG discussion we must start from scratch with a new
organization where in its foundation we include TRUE membership, then we
can consider hiring a CEO for that job.

My .02
Jorge