[NCUC-DISCUSS] NCUC Election 2013

Jorge Amodio jmamodio at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 11:38:09 CET 2013

I strongly disagree with this proposal and it seems that there is some
level of confusion.

The idea of conforming the EC with people from different regions is
primarily to have diversity more than representativeness.

While you are welcome to bring the voice and opinion of a particular
region, from the bylaws it is not mandatory.

What it is mandatory is to recruit new members from your region into the
organization and help them understand the inner workings of ICANN and
encourage them to participate in the processes of NCUC and ICANN.

Nobody comes here with credentials and a mandate as a representative, and
many of us participate as individuals.

This is a very slim organization and by adding more people to the EC we
will have too many chefs on the kitchen.

I do not support this motion.

Thanks & Regards
Jorge