[NCSG-Discuss] MSM Failures and the Alternative Dictatorial Approach Re: [NCSG-Discuss] ICANN is bottom-up, except for when it is top-down. Fwd: Memorandum on the Trademark Clearinghouse ³Strawman Solution²

Evan Leibovitch evan at TELLY.ORG
Mon Mar 25 02:09:18 CET 2013

On 24 March 2013 20:17, Andrew A. Adams <aaa at meiji.ac.jp> wrote:

If you and others truly feel that the NCSG/NCUC charter which allows
> non-registrants with non-commercial interests in the name space to ahve a
> voice in ICANN is insufficient (*) then I think you should make an argument
> for the creation of a new SG or constituency

No need to re-invent that particular wheel.
See ICANN Bylaw XI.2.4.
Pay special attention to the first sentence of XI.2.4.a, as well as
XI.2.4.j.7 and XI.2.4.j.10.

> ALAC supporting this dictatorial stance is something I cannot understand

If there's going to be real dialogue, this is a good place to start -- on
both process and substance.

- Evan