[NCSG-Discuss] ICANN is bottom-up, except for when it is top-down. Fwd: Memorandum on the Trademark Clearinghouse ³Strawman Solution²

Evan Leibovitch evan at TELLY.ORG
Fri Mar 22 18:00:35 CET 2013

On 22 March 2013 12:38, Edward Morris <edward.morris at alumni.usc.edu> wrote:

> i'd suggest ALAC's views reflect the fact it is not dedicated to advocacy
> for noncommercial interests and has a substantial commercial component in
> it's membership. We don't claim to speak for all "end users" as you claim.
> We represent the two billion noncommercial users of the internet.
> Commercial end users have other places to go, including ALAC.

Hmm. What constitutes a "non-commercial user"?

Someone who never purchases goods or services on the Internet, has a
no-cost ISP and never reads content on ad-supported websites or uses
analytics-supported search engines? Is that really two billion?

Just curious.

So we have dictatorship of the proletariat? The only way to save the bottom
> up MSM is through top down control?

Dictatorship of the proletariat? That sounds more like Marxism 101 than
top-down.

- Evan