[NCSG-Discuss] Public interest principles

marie-laure Lemineur mllemineur at GMAIL.COM
Tue Mar 19 20:45:43 CET 2013

Dear Maria,

I read with interest your comments and thoughts in the email below. I would
like to jump in with a couple of suggestions:
1/ Human rights is a huge basket that include a wide range of rights as we
all know. In the case of ICANN I´d  rather focus on specific rights that,
in my opinion, are directly and intrinsically  linked to its mandate such
as privacy, data protection, freedom of expression and some others. This
way, I feel that it would pinpoint specific rights ICANN has to pay extra
attention to.

2/You might be familiar with the Internet Governance principles issued by
the CoE where openness is mentioned and other interesting principles
(integrity of data, architectural principles. etc.) you might want to take
a look at it
https://wcd.coe.int/ViewDoc.jsp?id=1835773

Best,

Marie-laure