[NCSG-Discuss] Objections Re: [] Independent Objector Weighs In on "closed/private" tlds

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Sun Mar 17 22:16:00 CET 2013

Hi,

I happily find myself in a centrist postion on this topic.

One reason we do not have long list of blocked words is that we could never build an adequate list.
Unfortunately too many names were put in a Blocked Geo names list but that is another story.

The point was that anyone who had a particular problem with any name for any reason, could file an objection.  I don't need to agree with or understand their objection.  I think it is great that people are objecting because that is the way it is supposed to work.

And while the staff did not design the Objection process quite as I would have with a chance to alter the applied for name, at least they do allow for discussions and mediation between the objector and the objectee before going to dispute resolution by the ICC panel.

avri