[NCSG-Discuss] Independent Objector Weighs In on "closed/private" tlds

McTim dogwallah at GMAIL.COM
Fri Mar 15 15:39:07 CET 2013

On Fri, Mar 15, 2013 at 10:17 AM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:
> I just read the IO's comments and it appeared to me that he will NOT

I've re-read my post and it omitted a *NOT* that should have been
there,   apologies for the confusion.

object to any closed generics simply because they are closed. He also
refuted rather decisively the notion that a term such as .BOOK could
be objected to on community grounds, because there is not really a
book community but a variety of interests.

> As for your last question (Which applications has he objected to?  anyone know?) It is indeed somewhat confusing. The IO site does not have a clear, simple list of which specific strings/applications have been objected to, afaict

right, the closest he comes is :
http://www.independent-objector-newgtlds.org/english-version/the-independent-objector-s-comments-on-controversial-applications/

--
Cheers,