[NCSG-Discuss] Independent Objector Weighs In on "closed/private" tlds

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Fri Mar 15 15:17:09 CET 2013

I just read the IO's comments and it appeared to me that he will NOT object to any closed generics simply because they are closed. He also refuted rather decisively the notion that a term such as .BOOK could be objected to on community grounds, because there is not really a book community but a variety of interests.

As for your last question (Which applications has he objected to?  anyone know?) It is indeed somewhat confusing. The IO site does not have a clear, simple list of which specific strings/applications have been objected to, afaict