[NCSG-Discuss] Closed Generics

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Wed Mar 13 04:47:56 CET 2013

Hi,

They would need to have an interface to any outside registrar who wanted to meet their constraints and conditions because the Registry Code of Conduct requirements say they need to be.   Unless of course they get an exceptions, which it looks like ICANN will at least consider.

And of course there are probably lots of ways to do it, including Timothe's pigeons, but the easiest and cleanest way of doing it as far as I know is EPP.  Since I beleive they are required to use EPP anyway.

I know rules rules rules.  But this is ICANN, if you incant the words to the right entity, there is always an exception or extra privilege to be had.

avri