[NCSG-Discuss] NCSG members and the closed generic issue

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Tue Mar 5 05:16:02 CET 2013

Hi,

I am sorry that you are disturbed about this statement.  I think, however, that because you disagree you may be reading more into the heading than is stated.

-  It does not state that it is a NCSG statement - having submitted those, I know that if it were an NCSG Statement, it would  specifically state that this is a statement of the NCSG that has gone through the following process.....

- It is signed by individuals

- Yes it states that those submitting are NCSG members.  but it does not say we represent all of the membership

However, I do think it is worth bending over backwards to keep from giving the wrong impression, which some seem to be taking.

1. - I suggest we change the title to say that it is a Group of NCSG member, and that a footnote be added that this statement does not represent the NCSG as a group. Perhaps

Comments on ‘Closed generic’ TLD applications,
submitted by a group of NCSG members*

* While this is a collaborative effort of several members of the NCSG, it does not represent  an official statement of the group at large.  The NCSG is as split on this topic as the rest of ICANN.

2 - I sugest that we add a signature that says signed as individuals in our own right and not as represntaitives of the larger group.  Perhaps:

s/Signed/Individuals (groups) have have signed onto this statement in their own right/

Would this be satisfactory?

avri