[NCUC-DISCUSS] [NCSG-Discuss] Please propose discussion topics for NCSG's meetings at next month's ICANN Meeting in Durban

William Drake william.drake at uzh.ch
Wed Jun 26 09:50:42 CEST 2013

Hi Dee Dee

Milton and I have drafted, with some inputs from members, an entry-level trifold brochure geared toward encouraging newbies to join.  It's been sent to ICANN to print before Durban so we can use it at the African School on IG as well as at ICANN and Bali.  If you have some means of printing it at IAMCR I can pass it along to you.  Still has some graphical warts I'm hoping ICANN can clean up, but if you just need something basic there's no reason a slightly suboptimal version couldn't be distributed.

Over the longer term, I submitted a budget request for FY 14 asking for money to print 1-2 page issue briefs.  If we get the funds (should hear soon) and can mobilize some of our issues experts to pump out a few of these, you'd have them as well for future outreach efforts.

Best,

Bill

On Jun 26, 2013, at 9:44 AM, DeeDee Halleck <deedeehalleck at gmail.com> wrote:

> Issue to discuss: support for outreach and research-
> for example I  am at IAMCR today and wish I has some information sheets to give to people re NCUC and ICANN in general.  Very little attention here to internet policies.  Very little research on this topic.
>
> Another topic:
>  the need to support representatives to ICANN from nonindustrialized countries and indigenous communities.
>
> xx
> dd
>

> On Mon, Jun 24, 2013 at 5:08 PM, Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org> wrote:
> As we prepare for the Durban ICANN Meeting next month, we need to come up with proposed discussion topics for the following meetings in Durban.  (Remember, we've got remote participation, so you don't have to be in South Africa to participate at the meeting).  Please send your suggested topics to this list or me directly asap so we can build the various discussion agendas accordingly.  Thank you!  - Robin
>
> PROPOSE TOPICS FOR THESE MEETINGS:
> 1.  NCSG discussion with ICANN Board of Directors
> 2.  NCSG discussion with At-Large community
> 3.  NCSG proposed topics for ICANN Public Forum
> 4.  NCSG proposed topics for GNSO Council discussion with Board of Directors
>

> --
> http://www.deepdishwavesofchange.org

William J. Drake
International Fellow & Lecturer