[NCUC-DISCUSS] Expert Working Group- Monday session 14:45pm

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Mon Jul 15 01:13:47 CEST 2013

Hi All,
Here's a great one to attend on Monday: Replacing WHOIS - The Next
Generation Directory Services
Mon, 15 July 2013: 14:45- 16:15; Hall 6 (same location as the Welcome
Ceremony)

For those of us interested in privacy (all of us!), this is the session
where they will be discussing the replacement of the Whois data --- and
there are really startling proposals-- including for a single Whois
database for all gTLD "directory" information (some variation of the
Whois data).

They will give an overview of the Report, and I know their work was hard
and done in good faith. Stephanie Perrin, in particular, is to be
applauded for her fight for privacy!

I promise to send around a summary of the report by tomorrow AM S.A.
time.  There are some real issues and concerns and I'll include some
questions. This is a main session, so it would be great if you could
mark your calendars to be there and plan to ask a question or two with a
privacy leaning (to show them we are in the room and watching closely).

Report summary to come; thanks for attending!
Kathy
: