[NCUC-DISCUSS] I may need some guidance at Durban

Marc Perkel marc at churchofreality.org
Sun Jul 7 20:21:19 CEST 2013

Hi,

As many of you know I'm filling in Wendy's slot at ICANN 47 and this is
my first time at this kind of event. So I'm available to assist in
anything that I'm needed for. I'm not as up to speed as those of you who
go to these things regularly. But I'd like to reintroduce myself and my
talents and interests and you can figure out how to best integrate me
next week.

I'll be arriving late Saturday and will be available Sunday through
Thursday.

I sort of wear 3 hats.

First - I'm the founder of the Church of Reality - a religion that is
based believing in what is real and expanding our understanding of the
universe, ensuring the positive evolution of humanity, and avoiding
extinction. To that end the Internet is one of the biggest advancements
in human evolution and is central to our understanding of reality and
the survival of humanity as a species. So - that's my philosophers hat.

Second - I am also the founder/owner of a small spam filtering company
junkemailfilter.com that provides a front end spam filtering service to
about 72,000 people. I also do web hosting often for sites that most
ISPs would be afraid to host. I used to have a software company. I've
developed my own computer languages, written operating systems, designed
computers from scratch (back in the early 1980s) for machine control.
Before that I did electronic repair and design work. So - I'm a tech guy.

Third - I used to work at the Electronic Frontier Foundation 10 years
ago with Robin and Wendy. They were lawyers and I was the sysadmin, but
before that self educated in law and I'm a liberty and freedom guy and I
speak and understand legal.

I'm somewhat dyslexic and have some asperger's syndrome issues. I live
so far outside the box that I don't even know what the box is.

So - let me know where I can best fit in.