[NCSG-Discuss] NCSG Questions & Concerns for our Representatives on the Accountability & Transparency Review Team (ATRT2)

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Tue Jan 22 14:33:15 CET 2013

On 21 Jan 2013, at 16:48, Robin Gross wrote:

> Therefore now have a 24-hour period to ask the two NCSG candidates questions and to provide them with initial feedback about desired outcomes for the ATRT (using this list beginning now).

Thanks Robin, for opening this topic.

I think that the AOC reviews are among the most important work we do outside of Policy recommendations.  And I think that the ATRT - being responsible for reviewing, and then recommending  improvements on, the accountability and transparency of ICANN is central to any evolution we might someday see ICANN and its ability to become a free standing dynamic organization.

Even if this list does not have any specific questions for the two of us who have asked for the NCSG endorsement, I would really like to hear about issues that are currently on people's minds about the specific issues that need to be covered by the upcoming review.

Thanks

avri

Ps: Dan, I remember that I owe you an answer on Dynamic Organizational Architectures which includes the issue of accountability.  While I am still working on that theoretical answer, in a practical sense, I think that accountable and transparent Accountability and Transparency Reviews, are a key ingredient.