[NCSG-Discuss] On Diversity and Discrimination

Marc Perkel marc at CHURCHOFREALITY.ORG
Tue Feb 5 02:18:41 CET 2013

On 2/4/2013 4:54 PM, Andrew A. Adams wrote:
>> Good point David,
>>
>> We have yet to see a non commercial aspect of this topic.  There may be
>> one.  Not something which I had considered.
> There are non-commercial sites out there dedicated to sexual information, or
> which include significant amounts of sexual information. As with many other
> controversial areas, it is precisely these non-commercial sites that are
> under the greatest threat, IMHO. The large commercial sex sites have
> sufficient resources to fight things like ISP shutdowns over allegations of
> illegal material being hosted on a site, or domain takeovers by DHS or
> similar. Non-commercial sites are less likely to have the resources to fight
> such actions. Thus, instead of community-built and maintained safe spaces for
> online sexual activity, we have only commercial sites, many of which are
> highly explotative.

Most non-commercial sexual sites dealing with free speech and human
rights issues are .orgs rather than .xxx This one is a friend of mine
created by the Scarlet Harlot who invented the term "Sex Worker".

http://www.bayswan.org/