[NCSG-Discuss] On Diversity and Discrimination

Andrew A. Adams aaa at MEIJI.AC.JP
Tue Feb 5 01:54:46 CET 2013

> Good point David,
>
> We have yet to see a non commercial aspect of this topic.  There may be
> one.  Not something which I had considered.

There are non-commercial sites out there dedicated to sexual information, or
which include significant amounts of sexual information. As with many other
controversial areas, it is precisely these non-commercial sites that are
under the greatest threat, IMHO. The large commercial sex sites have
sufficient resources to fight things like ISP shutdowns over allegations of
illegal material being hosted on a site, or domain takeovers by DHS or
similar. Non-commercial sites are less likely to have the resources to fight
such actions. Thus, instead of community-built and maintained safe spaces for
online sexual activity, we have only commercial sites, many of which are
highly explotative.

Professor Andrew A Adams                      aaa at meiji.ac.jp
Professor at Graduate School of Business Administration,  and
Deputy Director of the Centre for Business Information Ethics
Meiji University, Tokyo, Japan       http://www.a-cubed.info/