[NCSG-Discuss] On Diversity and Discrimination

Marc Perkel marc at CHURCHOFREALITY.ORG
Fri Feb 1 07:03:34 CET 2013

I agree on interest diversity. Third world view needs representation.
I'm from West Virginia, kind of third world if you've ever been there.
NGOs, education, Libertarians, genius geeks, and hookers. Hookers are
always being discriminated against.

But - I agree with the premise about a broad range of ideas. But I'm not
sure that the source of broad range means gender/sexual preferences/ or
the frequencies of light reflected off the surface of the skin.
Especially since we communicate by email, I have no idea what color
anyone is, nor do I care. If we go back 75,000 years we all come from
Africa and humans are less genetically diverse than my 3 cats.

One person volunteered he was a white straight guy. This is a tech and
policy forum. Color doesn't matter. There a plenty of women here and
this list seems if anything slightly female dominate, so gender isn't a
problem. As to sexual orientation, I don't see the world in terms of
just straight and LGBT as if those were the only two sexual preferences.
I like hippy women, geeks, prostitutes, and women from Craigslist. I
have no idea if the BDSM community is represented. What about polygamy?
Or celebacy?

I think we need a balance of 49ers vs. Ravens fans.

What about diversity of drug use? Or politics? Is America ready for a
white president in 2016? Do we have enough Republicans in this group? I
tried to find some anarchists but they didn't want to join. What about
stupid people? Should policy only be made by people who are smart? Did
you know that half of all people are below average?

This group already seems pretty diverse to me.  Are we missing any
perspective?

Sorry - sometimes I get on a rant.