[NCUC-DISCUSS] IG Book Conference

Remmy Nweke remmyn at gmail.com
Mon Dec 2 14:49:24 CET 2013

Good one Bill,
Don't forget to share the link where the papers will be posted too.

On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Joana Varon <joana at varonferraz.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Bill. Seams very interesting.
> Streaming and a hashtag to follow would be very helpful.
> best
> joana
>

> On Mon, Dec 2, 2013 at 11:33 AM, Adam Peake <ajp at glocom.ac.jp> wrote:
>
>> Perhaps someone with an iPhone (android too I expect...)could  stick it
>> by a speaker and take a voice memo.  And share.  Looks like a very good and
>> very timely program.
>>
>> Adam
>>

>> On Dec 2, 2013, at 10:02 PM, William Drake wrote:
>>
>> > Alas no DD, SNIS doesn’t do that, and it’s their money, we’re just the
>> content providers.  But FWIW the presentation slides should be posted after
>> the meeting…
>> >
>> > BD

>> thought I’d send a reminder.  We are doing a conference on Global Internet
>> Governance in Bern, Switzerland this Friday and Saturday,  and there are
>> still a few open seats in the audience.  Not only are a majority of the
>> speakers NCUC members, but there will be at least three members that I know
>> of in the audience as well.  So if anyone’s in Europe and looking for
>> something fun to do, please consider joining us.  Updated conference
>> program and registration at http://www.snis.ch/node/8146

>> Biannual Conference of the Swiss Network of International Studies at the
>> WTI, University of Bern on 6 – 7 December.  Event title is The
>> Institutionalization of Global Internet Governance: Multistakeholderism,
>> Multilateralism and Beyond, and will feature a motley crew of IG regulars
>> presenting draft memos that will later morph into chapters for an edited
>> book we'll publish late next year.  The program outline is below.

>> the process of devising the list of invitations, which we hope to send out
>> within a week of returning from Bali.  We are guessing that in addition to
>> our targeted invitees there may be up to ten open slots, hence I'm writing
>> to see if there's anyone here who might be interested and have the means to
>> be in Bern (no travel support available, sorry).  We can't guarantee
>> anything until the list is finalized, but it'd be nice to have some NCUC
>> members if possible.  If anyone may be interested in this, please be in
>> touch with me offline.

>> organizers

>> and Vice- director Swiss Federal Office of Communications

>> of Foreign Affairs)

>> and invited guests

>> Humboldt Institute for Internet and Society, Berlin)

>> ICANN)

>> (University of Sussex)

>> International Telecommunications

>> > **********************************************************
>> > William J. Drake
>> > International Fellow & Lecturer
>> >   Media Change & Innovation Division, IPMZ
>> >   University of Zurich, Switzerland
>> > Chair, Noncommercial Users Constituency,
>> >   ICANN, www.ncuc.org
>> > william.drake at uzh.ch (w), wjdrake at gmail.com (h),
>> >   www.williamdrake.org

> [...]

REMMY NWEKE,
Lead Strategist/Group Executive Editor,
DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd
(publishers of) DigitalSENSE Business News;
ITREALMS, NaijaAgroNet
(Multiple-award winning medium)
Published by: DigitalSENSE Africa Media Ltd
Block F1, Shop 133 Moyosore Aboderin Plaza
Bolade Junction, Oshodi-Lagos
M: 234-8033592762, 8023122558, 8051000475,
T: @ITRealms <http://www.twitter.com/ITRealms>
[Member, NIRA Executive Board]
Author: A Decade of ICT Reportage in
Nigeria<https://www.facebook.com/adecadeofictreportageinnigeria>
NDS Forum on Internet Governance for Development (IG4D) 2014<
http://www.digitalsenseafrica.com.ng>- June 5
Nigeria IPv6 Roundtable 2014 <http://www.ipv6forumnigeria.ng> - June 6
@Welcome Centre Hotels. Register now. Email: remnekkv at gmail.com
*Confidentiality Notice:* The information in this document and attachments
are confidential and may also be privileged information. It is intended
only for the use of the named recipient. Remmy Nweke does not accept legal
responsibility for the contents of this e-mail. If you are not the intended
recipient, please notify me immediately, then delete this document and do
not disclose the contents of this document to any other person, nor make
any copies. Violators may face court persecution.