[NCUC-DISCUSS] Amazing candidates

Kathy Kleiman kathy at kathykleiman.com
Sat Dec 14 15:27:49 CET 2013

Hi All,
As I prepare for our conference call with the candidates in about half
an hour, I am reading over the candidate statements. (Apologies for
being so late on this, but I have been finishing my book on the ENIAC
Programmers).

I want to share that I am incredibly impressed by all of our candidates,
and by the powerful and moving statements that have been written. This
is an important time in the history of ICANN, with many changes in store
for the Internet Community, and especially for those of us who use the
Internet primarily for noncommercial activities and care deeply about
fair use, free speech, privacy and due process.

To have such an outstanding set of candidates come forward is an honor
for NCUC -- and a great sign for the future.  I congratulate and than,
all of you for running --- Bill, Stefania, Hugo, Grace, Peter, Imran,
Walid, Pranesh, Roy and Carlos!

Whatever happens with this election, please stay involved in NCUC and
please take on leadership roles in our Constituency, in the GNSO
Community, and in ICANN.  We desperately need your experience, care,
concern and leadership!

All the best,
Kathy Kleiman