[NCSG-Discuss] Discussion Agenda & Remote Participation: Tuesday, 9 April 2013 - NCSG Open Membership Meeting at ICANN#46 in Beijing 13:30 - 15:30

Robin Gross robin at IPJUSTICE.ORG
Mon Apr 1 21:31:42 CEST 2013

All:

I hope you all will join in next Tuesday's NCSG Open Meeting in
Beijing.  If you won't be in Beijing for ICANN #46, please join the
discussion remotely.  Draft agenda and remote participation details
are below.  We've got some great speakers coming to talk with us, so
I hope you will join in the discussion.

Thanks!
Robin

Tuesday, 9 April 2013 - NCSG Open Membership Meeting at ICANN #46 in
Beijing, China
   13:30 - 15:30 (Beijing local = UTC/GMT +8 hours)  Room: Function 9

Discussion Agenda

    1. Welcome and introductions from membership  [ 13:30 ]

    2. WHOIS Expert Working Group (aka "gtld Directory Services")
[ 13:45 ]
       - Visit from Stephanie Perrin, member of ICANN's Expert
Working Group on Whois
        Background:  ICANN Wiki on Expert Working Group

    3. ICANN Outreach and Engagement Efforts [ 13:45 ]
       - Visit from Sally Costerton, ICANN staff member responsible
for outreach and stakeholder engagement

    4. Open membership discussion on growing trend at ICANN to
replace the bottom-up community-led policy development  with top-down
ICANN staff unilateralism    [ 14:45 ]

    5. ICANN's Accountability Transparency Reliability Team
(ATRT-2)     [ 15:00 - 15:30 ]
       - Visit from some members of ATRT-2.  NCSG members can ask
questions of team and provide input into team's work on ways ICANN
can improve its accountability, transparency and reliability in
carrying out its mission.
- Background: ICANN wiki on ATRT2

Note: NCSG moves to Grand Hall A at 15:30 for NCSG's meeting with the
ICANN Board of Directors

Remote Participation for NCSG Open Meeting:
* Adobe Connect with audio streaming:
   http://beijing46.icann.org/node/37105

* Telephone Dial-in Numbers:
    http://ipjustice.org/ICANN/NCSG/NCSG_Passcodes.htm
   Passcode: NCSG

If you need a dial-out, please let me know 24 hours in advance so I
can request the dial-out to you in time for the mtg.  Thanks!

** The above agenda lives on the NCSG wiki here: https://
community.icann.org/display/gnsocouncilmeetings/NCSG+Beijing+Meeting
+2013-04-09

IP JUSTICE
Robin Gross, Executive Director
p: +1-415-553-6261    f: +1-415-462-6451
w: http://www.ipjustice.org     e: robin at ipjustice.org