Closed New gTLDs - "Closed Gardens"

Andrei Barburas abarburas at IICD.ORG
Thu Sep 6 09:36:10 CEST 2012

Hello Edward,

Thank you for the clarification, but I did not mean that domain names and
trademarks are the same thing. What I wanted to say was that a domain name
can be registered as a trademark, like Amazon.com and probably others that
did the same thing.

But while we know that a domain name is not the same thing as a trademark,
in a court of law, depending on the judge's expertise and knowledge, the
two might be considered the same thing; according to me, that is the
biggest concern.

Once again, thank you for the clarification Edward.

Regards,

*Andrei Barburas*

Community Relations Services Officer

International Institute for Communication and Development (IICD)

P.O. Box 11586, 2502 AN The Hague, The Netherlands

Mobile: +31 62 928 2879

Phone: +31 70 311 7311
Fax: +31 70 311 7322
Website: www.iicd.org