Invitation to NCUC Policy Conference 12 Oct in Toronto: ICANN & Internet Governance: Security & Freedom in a Connected World

Joly MacFie joly at PUNKCAST.COM
Wed Oct 3 22:59:22 CEST 2012

What's not clear is if one has to register for remote participation. I
suspect that this may mess with your numbers.

Is it not possible to, on the dropdown, add a remote option? Or at least a
clarifying phrase in the blurb?

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 1:07 PM, Robin Gross <robin at ipjustice.org> wrote:

>  Dear All:
>
> You are all invited to join the NCUC policy conference in Toronto on 12
> October at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel.  For those not traveling to
> Toronto, remote participation will be available from the event website:
>    http://www.amiando.com/NCUC-ICANN45
>
> The event is free to attend and open to the public to participate, but
> registration is required because space is limited.
>
> Also, any help you can provide to promote the event would be greatly
> appreciated.
>
> Thank you,
> Robin

> NCUC Press Release  -  3 October 2012
>
> Top Civil Society Leaders Converge in Toronto for "ICANN & Internet
> Governance: Security and Freedom in a Connected World"
>
> Cyber-Security Expert Ron Deibert and new ICANN CEO Fadi Chehade Address
> Non-Commercial Users Policy Conference on Eve of ICANN #45
>
> Public interest groups involved in ICANN will gather for the event, "ICANN
> & Internet Governance: Security & Freedom in a Connected World" on Friday
> 12 October at the Fairmont Royal York Hotel in Toronto, Canada. Sponsored
> by the Noncommercial Users Constituency (NCUC), the voice of civil society
> in ICANN, the policy conference will focus on key ICANN policy issues like
> the need to promote both cyber-security and human rights in the development
> of global Internet policies.   The event kicks-off with a morning address
> from cyber-security expert Ron Deibert, Director of the Canada Centre for
> Global Security Studies and The Citizen Lab, an inter-disciplinary research
> and development hothouse at the University of Toronto.  Deibert will
> address the need to establish a cyber-security strategy for global civil
> society.
>
> "Cyberspace is at a watershed moment.  Global civil society, now
> increasingly recognised as an important stakeholder in cyberspace
> governance, needs to step up to the challenge," said Deibert.  "What is
> required is nothing less than a serious and comprehensive  security
> strategy for cyberspace that addresses  the very real threats that plague
> governments and corporations, addresses national and other security
>  concerns in a forthright manner, while protecting  and preserving open
> networks of information and communication."
>
> The afternoon sessions begin with welcoming remarks from Fadi Chehade,
> ICANN's new Chief Executive Officer, a Lebanese-Egyptian IT entrepreneur,
> who took the helm of ICANN last month and pronounced he was committed to
> strengthening the multi-stakeholder process of Internet governance.
>  Additional speakers at NCUC's policy conference include Fionna Alexander
> from the U.S. Commerce Department and other governmental representatives.
>  The all-day event's four panel sessions include participation from ICANN
> board members and senior staff, civil society and Internet business
> leaders.

> [...]

Joly MacFie  218 565 9365 Skype:punkcast
WWWhatsup NYC - http://wwwhatsup.com