The Great Firewall of Microsoft, about the 3322.org Takedown

Brenden Kuerbis bkuerbis at INTERNETGOVERNANCE.ORG
Sun Oct 14 13:41:16 CEST 2012

FYI. Paul Vixie will be giving a talk, "The Great Firewall of Microsoft,
about the 3322.org Takedown", today at the OARC meeting being held
concurrently at ICANN45 in Toronto:

https://www.dns-oarc.net/oarc/workshop-201210

This and the rest of the afternoon sessions are open.  No room is currently
listed on the agenda, but it shouldn't be too hard to find. I'm not sure if
they have remote participation available.

On a related note, our panel at Thursday's NCUC conference covered the
issue of takedowns generally (noting the collateral damage that was alleged
in the 3322.org case) and the need to incorporate due process protections:

http://www.livestream.com/internetsocietychapters/video?clipId=pla_b1cc97fa-1f06-41b4-9f6f-33898bbe86d1&utm_source=lslibrary&utm_medium=ui-thumb

Brenden Kuerbis
Internet Governance Project
http://internetgovernance.org