Candidate Statement

Hago Dafalla dafalla at YAHOO.COM
Thu Nov 29 08:07:58 CET 2012

Dear my Friends,

  I am very Sorry to delay in my reply because I am participating in AfriNic Meeting held here in my Country, Sudan from 24 to 29 November 2012.I still hope not being too late.

1. Why do you want to serve on the EC?

Having been involved in ICANN since 2008,in Egypt which is my first ICANN Meeting which have open my eyes.
Now, I am sure I'm ready to take up other tasks, helping the African non-commercial users raising their voice in ICANN, through the NCUC. Also to help my Country in this fields. My motivation is based on the fact users should have many different ways to express themselves , in freedom and life and able to express their feeling and their hopes. Also I help ICANN to achieve its policy.

2. Provide a brief biography of recent experience, associations, and affiliations relevant to serving on the Executive Committee. Describe the relevance of your personal and professional experience to serve on the NCUC Executive Committee, and identify any conflicts of interests you might have.

I am engagement in in ICANN as my participation in the four ICANN Meeting. I am member of ICAN working Groups (Inter register Transfeer Policy Part C, and Locking of a Domain Name Subject to UDRP Proceedings Policy Development Process Working Group). I am Member of NOMCOM for 2011 and 2012, Afrinic.
I have no conflict of interests.

3. The EC performs several functional responsibilities for the Constituency.  What  level of time commitment can you bring to your EC role on a weekly and overall basis?  Describe any concerns or limitations on your ability to attend online meetings of the Executive Committee and ICANN Meetings in person.

I am sure the necessary time for my commitment to the EC should be available. Also I am willing and able to make the EC position my highest professional priority during the forthcoming year.  am sure be able to attend all online meetings of the Executive Committee and surly I shall attend all ICANN Meeting

4. Communication with the membership is critical. How would you keep members apprised of your EC-related activities?

Through open communication, straight forward thoughts and most of all, by consensus with all members of the NCUC EC.

As an EC we need to issue regular communiqués to the membership. This should be part of an overall communications strategy we need to develop and implement at the first instance soon.

5. How do you foresee NCUC’s function, scale, or role changing in the future? What areas of ICANN policy, if any, need more attention and why? Be concise (200 words maximum).

The more we talk about multi-stakeholderism, the more we can stress out the need of the participation of the non-commercial users as the good idea in Internet Governance IG. The challenge to get the users involved at all levels of the Internet structure is huge.
 Once I need expanded our membership,soon. My sense is a lot of the issues we have an interest in have both an ICANN and external dimension. We may want to have a mechanism to expand our reach at the appropriate time.

  Thanks

Hago Dafalla
Sudan