.Pirate Domains Now Available Through OpenNic

David Cake dave at DIFFERENCE.COM.AU
Thu May 17 09:09:48 CEST 2012

On 17/05/2012, at 1:42 PM, Horacio T. Cadiz wrote:

> On 05/16/2012 08:43 AM, David Cake wrote:
>> I've suggested previously that the only reason alternate roots have
> >failed in the past is that none of them have got significant user
>> share, and that Pirate bay/The Pirate party is one of the few groups
>> that could probably provide impetus for a significant uptake.
>
>  Why do you think Pirate Bay would gain more traction than
> the other alternate roots? What makes them different from
> AlterNIC and the like?

	A very small percentage of the population care about DNS, and even know what AlterNIC is.
	A much larger percentage of the population care about access to pirated media, and know what Pirate Bay is.
	Or to put it another way - does anyone think it likely that AlterNIC, or other alternate roots, would ever have their own political party, that actually gets members elected in several countries?
	Cheers
		David