FW: [council] Prague - please read!

William Drake william.drake at UZH.CH
Sat May 12 09:07:55 CEST 2012

Hi Joy

On May 12, 2012, at 5:00 AM, Joy Liddicoat wrote:

> Hi all - passing this on - any suggestions would be welcome (though needed
> quickly) .Ideas I have already suggested include:
> how the GAC and GNSO can improve the joint working relationship? Are our
> processes for joint engagement on areas of mutual interest adequate - can
> they be improved? For example, would an informal joint standing committee of
> some kind be helpful? This could also be a topic for the GNO Council working
> session.

We've talked about this with the GAC before, and it mostly ended up with them telling us about all the reasons why they can't really engage much in joint working relationships with GNSO and prefer to deal with the board.  But we could try again in light of subsequent experience…Or, how about asking them how they will go about ensuring a balance between all the law enforcement stuff they want and privacy and FoE?  Other SGs might not be enthused, but then again often there's a dearth of suggestions…

BD