Fwd: [governance] Verisign seizes .com domain registered via foreign Registrar on behalf of US Authorities

Nicolas Adam nickolas.adam at GMAIL.COM
Mon Mar 12 05:57:03 CET 2012

Hence I was trying to distinguish between the different axis of names.
One of them, the technical, has them unique and thus rival and excludable.

Another one of them, its meaning, on which its economic value lies, is
non rival and non excludible, unless one posits that there are finite
ways to express an idea.

But I don't pretend to be sure that that would be a desirable
strategical way of putting it.

In any case, thx to you, McTim, Nuno, and JC Morin for the valuable
primers in DNS.

And I will still think that to have IANA functions attributed by NTIA is
bad. But, like you imply, more TLDs is somewhat of answer to some
classes of problems that are brought about by different
jurisdictions/regimes.

Nicolas