gTLD for developing regions was Re: [] knitters needle

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Sat Jul 7 04:24:08 CEST 2012

Hi,

You make a good point.  And part of that is it it took us too long to get going.  Then again it took years to get something like JAS formed.  For a long time, the attempt was like banging our heads into a brick wall, until one day GAC listened and got interested.

But there is a followup from what you said, we could remediate by planning a special round just for 'JAS' outreach, try 2 - in a year or two, to start processing when the current round has been gone through.  While I thought it wrong to plan for support applicants to come in a later round, now that they missed the round, lets see if a specialized round can be put together.

Of course Evan may be right and no one will be interested,

avri