gTLD for developing regions was Re: [] knitters needle

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Fri Jul 6 23:41:01 CEST 2012

On 6 Jul 2012, at 17:11, McTim wrote:

> yes, but it is unclear to me if .africa and .dotafrica are similar
> enough strings that they will  be in contention.

The whole issue of similarity is the can of worms that is waiting to be opened.
Where along the spectrum from visual to semantic similarity things falls remains to be seen.
One of the exciting acts in this comedy of errors that has to hit the stage.

But do they really plan to run .dotafrica?
i thought it was being claimed as an error.

avri