Getting paid to volunteer is a bot of an oxymoron, no? (was Re: [NCSG-Discuss] Subscription configuration (was: [NCSG-Discuss] knitters needle))

Alain Berranger alain.berranger at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jul 4 10:27:43 CEST 2012

Hi  colleagues:
Yes, as I expected, this request has been turned down. I did argue in
Prague and will continue to argue  for volunteer stipends to compensate for
volunteering direct and opportunity costs... I would not argue for
remuneration for volunteers as that would be non-sensical.

Alain

--
Alain Berranger, B.Eng, MBA
Member, Board of Directors, CECI,