Getting paid to volunteer is a bot of an oxymoron, no? (was Re: [NCSG-Discuss] Subscription configuration (was: [NCSG-Discuss] knitters needle))

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Tue Jul 3 23:29:56 CEST 2012

Hi,

As I understand it, it is still a request.

Other than the president and board members (which I am still against), I have not heard of anyone else getting paid for their volunteer work.
Not SO/AC chairs
Not SG/RALO chairs
Not C/ALS chairs
Not even Nomcom chairs.

But if NPOC can convince ICANN this is the right thing to do, I think that all those who hold functions will be able to ask for the same considerations.
Of course those in the contracted parties will probably refuse it, but sure would help a lot of people to get remunerated.

And since the Board has given it themselves, they might as well consider it for everyone.

avri