NCSG mission statement - Re: [NCSG-Discuss] Off-topic: Re: [NCSG-Discuss] Outcry as relief food expires in Kenya Red Cross warehouse

Alain Berranger alain.berranger at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 19 16:47:27 CET 2012

Hi Maria,

Thanks for the update.

I know Lori is getting more active with NPOC and I am copying her here for
convenience, as well as Klaus who I know is interested. I will join the
discussion, please. Yes, please update on the list so we can catch up and
perhaps even contribute.

Coming up or updating a mission statement is always revealing. I think the
process raises the issues of SG vs Constituency, for fundamental reasons
probably, but also for historical/mindset reasons. Recent exchanges on the
NCSG Finance Committee point to a "low cost/thin layer" role/view of NCSG,
pointing to fundraising needs and outreach, for instance, being met at the
Constituency level.

For your info, please note that all current NPOC EC members are "interim"
and we have elections coming up before San José. The nomination process has
started. Lori and I have been nominated for Vice-Chair and Chair
respectively, Amber has been nominated as Secretary and Klaus as Membership
and Outreach. There will be other nominations I gather.

Looking forward to meeting you in San José and continuing our
collaboration, that is if NPOC can manage to get a  few travel allocations.

Best regards, Alain