[At-Large] GNSO Council Motion on Cross-Community Working Groups

Rafik Dammak rafik.dammak at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 19 02:15:29 CET 2012

hello,

the issue is those principles are close to what we heard as remarks from
other councillors many times in council calls when it was about JAS charter
issues or JIG report issue and I don't see real progress. I am not blaming
our ncsg representatives there . I am in favor of deferring the motion and
it makes sense as the chair of the dt and the proponent of the motion is
not going to attend the council call today.

for amendments, I am not sure that we can change really there in substance
so I do think that we can ask questions and send back to DT to rework their
proposal. the DT cannot ignore a SG comments  carried through gnso council
and should reply to them.

@Mary btw, I don't see any problem to vote against. we have ncsg members in
different WG, WT and DT and they do their best while they have many times
to carry minority views. so that doesn't prevent to vote no when it is
needed.

Best Regards,

Rafik Dammak