Need quick education on SOPA and PIPA

Mark Leiser markleiser at GMAIL.COM
Thu Jan 12 19:35:15 CET 2012

If all the technical and practical reasons fail to sway a pro-SOPA
Congressman and Congresswoman, please feel free to mention the one thing
they do understand - votes. Remember that most of them couldn't tell you
what DNS stands for, let alone how the process would alter the
functionality of the Internet,

In the election year when there is an expectation of a  high turnout of
Democrats to re-elect Obama, there is a growing movement amongst some
younger demographics to make SOPA a "stand-alone" reason to vote
for/against someone. ie. Did you vote for SOPA? If so, you are not getting
my vote. With congressional approval at record-lows, their position on SOPA
might cost them their seat on the Hill.

Also throw in the fact that Comcast announced today that an upgrade on
their network makes it impossible for them to actually implement DNS
filtering...

http://venturebeat.com/2012/01/12/comcast-sopa/

Ironic considering Comcast is a big supporter of SOPA...

So they would be voting for something that doesn't work and they might lose
their seats because of it....

Mark

Its a practical argument to go alongside all the technical ones.

Kind regards,

Mark Leiser

145 Kilmarnock Road
Suite 612