Fwd: Confirming Meeting with the Board - Tuesday 13 March - 3:30pm

Mary.Wong at LAW.UNH.EDU Mary.Wong at LAW.UNH.EDU
Thu Feb 23 01:42:13 CET 2012

It will be interesting to see how Steve (Crocker) manages these
meetings. In the past, the Board has seemed disinterested in discussing
some of these "big picture" (politically-charged?) issues, and has
preferred more focused discussions on substantive policy topics. They
have also tended to leave it to the SG to lead the discussion, which
means that it's not enough to simply frame a question or issue; we'll
need to have a short description or list of bullet points we want to
zoom in on within that question or issue.

For this topic, I think the chance of having a decent to good
discussion will be enhanced if we are able to frame the question
appropriately, and give perhaps a paragraph or short set of bullet
points on specific sub-questions members are interested in getting the
Board's view on. Even so, be prepared for a bunch of comments like
"we're not speaking on behalf of ICANN as this is not something the
Board has taken an official position on".

Cheers
Mary

Mary W S Wong
Professor of Law
Chair, Graduate IP Programs
Director, Franklin Pierce Center for IP
UNIVERSITY OF NEW HAMPSHIRE SCHOOL OF LAWTwo White StreetConcord, NH
03301USAEmail: mary.wong at law.unh.eduPhone: 1-603-513-5143Webpage:
http://www.law.unh.edu/marywong/index.phpSelected writings available on
the Social Science Research Network (SSRN) at:
http://ssrn.com/author=437584>>>