FW: Questions/Options for Protection of IOC/Red Cross Names at Top Level

McTim dogwallah at GMAIL.COM
Thu Feb 2 11:44:35 CET 2012

Question 1.  How should the Olympic and Red Cross/Red Crescent Terms
be Treated in the Current Application Round

·        Option 1: Recommend no changes to Guidebook and reject GAC
Proposal.  This means that the names set forth in 2.2.1.2.3:
a)       Are not considered “Reserved Names”
b)      Applied for strings are not reviewed for similarity to the
names in Section 2.2.1.2.3.

My choice is Option 1, which renders Q2 and Q3 moot.

--
Cheers,

McTim