FX and the Internet

Joy Liddicoat joy at APC.ORG
Tue Feb 14 20:15:58 CET 2012

Hi all - this is a heads up about a forthcoming event about the internet and
human rights at the United Nations Human Rights Council. Following the
Special Rapporteur on Freedom of Expression annual report in 2011, an expert
panel is being held during HRC 19.  The session will take place on Wed 29
Feb and is being organised by the government of Sweden and the Office of the
High Commissioner for Human Rights. APC will be attending and participating
in the panel event.

We hope that an announcement will be made very soon about all of the
panellists, but we can confirm that Carlos Afonso from Nupef will be one of
the panellists, as will Anriette Esterhuysen, from APC. If you want to know
more please go to: http://rights.apc.org

The event will be webcast and we are calling for a key recommendation to be
that human rights are the main theme of the IGF in 2012. This idea is
currently under discussion at the IGF and MAG meetings in Geneva.

Joy Liddicoat

Project Coordinator

Internet Rights are Human Rights

www.apc.org <http://www.apc.org/>