NCUC EC election results

Norbert Klein nhklein at GMX.NET
Tue Dec 4 16:29:54 CET 2012

Dear Members of the NCUC,

thanks and greetings to all, and especially to the members in the Asia
Pacific region, to whom I send this note together with the request to
consider how we can work towards an increase in membership in our
region. Not just in numbers, but committed membership reflecting,
arguing, and advocating for the space of NCUC - the Non Commercial Users
Constituency - in ICANN. Our Asia Pacific region is experiencing
enormous growth in terms of the use of the Internet and the use of
mobile phones. But this physical growth is mainly measured in economic
and technical terms, while tensions and conflicts between operators -
commercials and including the states - and non-commercial users who
enjoy the openness of communication beyond what we could imagine only
some years ago, need careful but intensive attention. I think our
Constituency should play more of a role on the way into future developments.

Of course, sharing also among the different regions of the world is not
only welcome, but necesary.

With my best greetings, while I share, this time, also some references
in my personal blog, about some concerns in our specific environment.

Norbert Klein
Elected NCUC EC Member
Phnom Penh
Cambodia

--
*Norbert Klein*
*Phnom Penh/Cambodia*
nhklein at gmx.net
http://www.thinking21.org
*My last four blogs:*

*The World Conference on International Telecommunications ?- and the
Freedom of Communication*
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1197

*The Rule of Law ?- an Example    -    by now with a Comment about
further developments*
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1180

*The South China Sea Challenge*
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1122

*Copyrights? ? Nineteenth Century USA Was a Major Center of Piracy*
http://www.thinking21.org/?p=1083