ICANN staff proposal for further concessions to IPC-BC

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Sun Dec 2 17:41:50 CET 2012

Hi Alain,

They tried that route, but the consensus did not go their way.  Instead of getting the RPMs they got the recommendation that every new gTLD should use a RPM and they produced a nice volume of possible RPMs that the applications could, and shuld voluntarily.  This was the first compromise they agreed to when they voted in favor of the new gTLD program.

Little did we know at the time that compromise was just a stepping stone to future victory.

So ever since they have been trying and trying and trying: IRT, STI, Fadi's strawman

And each time they try, they get  a little close to what they want.

Ignoring the multistakeholder process and using each compromise as a booster for the next assault is a tried & true IPC/BC method that has worked well at ICANN.  And thus they have no reason to stop using that technique.  Fadi is just the latest attack vector.

We keep going this way, and IPC/BC will own our first born children, or at least the names we give them.

avri