NCUC NomCom representative for Toronto meeting

Norbert Klein nhklein at GMX.NET
Thu Aug 23 15:31:37 CEST 2012

Hi all,

having seen the need to find somebody from NCUC for a short term role in
the NomCom – which requires a lot of knowledge of the different sections
of ICANN for which the NomCom has to search, find, evaluate, and finally
appoint people - I thought I might volunteer.

 From the time when I had served on the NomCom, I remember that it was
quite a steep learning curve that had to be taken – for all there –
before we had worked out a common understanding of the procedures how to
handle the huge task with the instruments we had: motivating outreach,
then the paperwork applying common criteria on the candidates
submissions, accompanied by an ever tighter schedule of teleconferences
in order to arrive at a convincing shortlist of candidates for the final
round of decisions.

If my offer should meet the requirements for somebody to jump in midway
and leave again when a full replacement will be available, let me know.

Norbert Klein
Open Institute
Cambodia