Fwd: [council] A New Approach to Africa

McTim dogwallah at GMAIL.COM
Mon Aug 13 16:57:47 CEST 2012

Milton,

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 10:33 AM, Milton L Mueller <mueller at syr.edu> wrote:

>  Well said, Alex.

It's NOT particularly well said actually, as the AfriNIC BoD is NOT the
policy making table, they simplly affirm that the policy making process
(PDP) was followed when they ratify a new policy.

PLUS, the AfriNIC BoD (and staff) have nothing to do with the AfrICANN
community way of working, they are chalk and cheese.  One simply provides a
server/mailing list software and bandwidth for the other.

In addition, SGs are not meant to be represented.  Is this what you want
fixed?

>  Can this be fixed?

Sure, bylaws can be changed.  What exactly do you want fixed?   given the
regional politics involved in forming AfriNIC in the first place, i doubt
you will get much traction on changing regional representation with
stakeholder grouping representation, but you can try.

Why you would want to escapes me, but knock yourselves out!

--
Cheers,

McTim