NCUC members only - Voters' list verification of addresses

Avri Doria avri at ACM.ORG
Sat Apr 28 07:18:18 CEST 2012

Hi,

I was not claiming there was any abuse.

I do think there is a huge difference in the access for individuals in NCUC or NCSG  & NARALO.  In both NCUC and NCSG each individual gets her one vote, the basic criteria of democratic organizations: 1 vote per individual member.  In the NARALO model all of the individual members share a single vote.  So when there is only one individual NARALO member then she would have a vote equal to the vote she would have in NCUC or NCSG, but as other individuals join NARALO, her percentage of the vote continually decreases.

I think it is good NARALO makes some provision for individual members.  I think the virtual ALS is an interesting model.  However, as it stands, the NCUC and NCSG are the only ICANN entities that gives individuals a vote.

avri