Stepping down as Chair of NCUC

Amr Elsadr aelsadr at EGYPTIG.ORG
Wed Apr 11 17:04:53 CEST 2012

Good luck at ISOC KK, and thank you for all your effort as the NCUC Chair. I
have learnt a great deal from you during my time as an NCUC member, and look
forward to collaborating with you on both fronts (ICANN and ISOC).

Amr

From: NCSG-Discuss [mailto:NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of
Konstantinos Komaitis
Sent: Wednesday, April 11, 2012 4:53 PM
To: NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [NCSG-Discuss] Stepping down as Chair of NCUC

Dear NCUC members and friends,

It is with great sadness to inform you that I am stepping down as chair of
NCUC. Yesterday I was offered a job as a policy advisor with ISOC, which I
happily accepted.

In light of this development, I feel issues of conflict of interest may
arise, which will prevent me from serving NCUC and its membership the way I
have done so far; to this end, I have just informed the NCUC Executive
Committee that I am stepping down as NCUC Chair.

Subsequently, I am invoking article VII of the existing charter:

VII. Leaving Office

A. An elected representative of the Executive Committee or Policy Committee
may submit an email or notice of resignation to the Chair whenever
circumstances call for such an action.

B. In the event of resignation of the Chair, the Executive Committee shall
within two weeks elect one of its members to serve as interim Chair. If the
remaining term of the resigning Chair is greater than six (6) months, a new
election shall be organized.

I will help and liaise with the EC in this transitional period and will
continue to be an individual member of NCUC.

I would like to wholeheartedly thank you all for your support and trust
during my term as NCUC Chair. I am so very grateful that I have been given
the chance to serve you all.

With appreciation,

KK

Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,

Senior Lecturer,

Director of Postgraduate Instructional Courses

Director of LLM Information Technology and Telecommunications Law

University of Strathclyde,

The Law School,

Graham Hills building,

50 George Street, Glasgow G1 1BA