Stepping down as Chair of NCUC

Konstantinos Komaitis k.komaitis at STRATH.AC.UK
Wed Apr 11 16:52:48 CEST 2012

Dear NCUC members and friends,

It is with great sadness to inform you that I am stepping down as chair of NCUC. Yesterday I was offered a job as a policy advisor with ISOC, which I happily accepted.

In light of this development, I feel issues of conflict of interest may arise, which will prevent me from serving NCUC and its membership the way I have done so far; to this end, I have just informed the NCUC Executive Committee that I am stepping down as NCUC Chair.

Subsequently, I am invoking article VII of the existing charter:

VII. Leaving Office
A. An elected representative of the Executive Committee or Policy Committee may submit an email or notice of resignation to the Chair whenever circumstances call for such an action.

B. In the event of resignation of the Chair, the Executive Committee shall within two weeks elect one of its members to serve as interim Chair. If the remaining term of the resigning Chair is greater than six (6) months, a new election shall be organized.

I will help and liaise with the EC in this transitional period and will continue to be an individual member of NCUC.

I would like to wholeheartedly thank you all for your support and trust during my term as NCUC Chair. I am so very grateful that I have been given the chance to serve you all.

With appreciation,

KK

Dr. Konstantinos Komaitis,

Senior Lecturer,
Director of Postgraduate Instructional Courses
Director of LLM Information Technology and Telecommunications Law
University of Strathclyde,
The Law School,
Graham Hills building,
50 George Street, Glasgow G1 1BA