Fwd: Agenda points for the meeting of the ICANN Board with the NCSG

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Mon Oct 24 08:02:18 CEST 2011

Excellent. The Board wants to talk about substantive things. A good message.

Dear Avri - I'd also like to convey some of the areas in which the Board is interested in hearing from the NCSG.   Within this restricted time, a full discussion will be challenging but some of these fall within the topics below but are cast a bit differently:

*      CEO Search - what qualities do you think we ought to be seeking in a new CEO? what are your criteria for openness, transparency, etc. in the hiring process, bearing in mind considerations of responsibility to candidates andcommunity, privacy, Board confidence, etc.

*      Ethics Guidelines - what are your top 3 concerns and proposals to address them (within the confines of the multistakeholder, voluntary participation model)?

*      What are the top three issues for the Non-Commercial stakeholder group for ICANN to address in policy development work?

*      What are the top three messages does the Non-Commercial stakeholder group believe ICNAN should be conveying with respect to new gTLDs?