Internet and Counter Terrorism Measures

William Drake william.drake at UZH.CH
Fri Oct 21 07:53:57 CEST 2011

Hi Joy

This is very interesting, enjoy the meeting and thanks for the pointer, I might add this to my syllabus for next semester.  Don't have time to read through it now but a quick scan leads to an obvious question. The Working Group includes

Monitoring Team of the 1267 Committee (co-chair)
CTITF Office (co-chair)
Alliance of Civilizations (AoC)
Counter-Terrorism Executive Directorate (CTED)
Department of Public Information (DPI)
International Criminal Police Organization (INTERPOL)
Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights (OHCHR)
Special Rapporteur on Promotion and Protection of Human Rights
While Countering Terrorism
United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO)
United Nations Interregional Crime and Justice Research Institute (UNICRI)
United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC)

and the TF includes https://www.un.org/en/terrorism/ctitf/entities.shtml.  I'm all for international organization secretariat staff having something to do, but they could use some multistakeholder participation in there, maybe Frank LaRue, etc…

Bill