Fwd: [NCSG-Discuss] Elections - Voting closes on 17 October

Milton L Mueller mueller at SYR.EDU
Mon Oct 17 19:14:13 CEST 2011

It seems like a pretty good idea to me to be able to change votes as more information about candidates comes in. Keeps 'em on their toes!

From: NCSG-Discuss [mailto:NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of Alain Berranger
Sent: Friday, October 14, 2011 1:31 PM
To: NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: [NCSG-Discuss] Fwd: [NCSG-Discuss] Elections - Voting closes on 17 October

Hi, sorry I forgot to copy our list.... There was also a typo - I forgot a no! BTW, I did not say "undemocratic" but "an interesting voting practice"... Anyway, as this is an ICANN voting platform, I was not criticizing Avri... the feature just strikes me as odd and not often used in ballots, for the little I know. We do not use it in GKP Foundation voting and we do not use it in Canada at municipal, provincial and federal elections. Of course one can spoil their paper ballots in many ways...so I suppose none of the above is a way of doing this electronically... so maybe in the digital age, this is a good practice...