NCSG input on request for special privileges for Red Cross & International Olympic Committee regarding Internet domains

Nicolas Adam nickolas.adam at GMAIL.COM
Fri Oct 14 05:38:21 CEST 2011

Great summarizing and clarifying post. Thank you Andrew.

But I find that we are being led astray by this piece-meal request for
comment.

Clearly, what ought to be NCSG's position, as far as i'm concern, is:

"tell me /the rule you want to use for doing what you want to do/, and
we'll tell you if we support it or not".

We should not be led into arguing over the rule-implications of
piece-meal compromise. We should ask for the rule to be specified.

I recall we were done this trick when we submitted our charter and it is
only fair game that we return the favor. Oh, and it's also sensible.

Nicolas