Question 4: role of NCSG representative or chair

Debra Hughes HughesDeb at USA.REDCROSS.ORG
Wed Oct 12 15:16:37 CEST 2011

Thanks for your question, Milton.  I listened to input from many non
commercial stakeholders when making the very important decision.  As a
NCSG representative, considered the breadth of our membership when
making this decision. I consistently articulated and advocated the
importance for increasing the voice of all non commercial perspectives
within the NSCG.   In the second round I voted for the candidate that I
thought would best appreciate the diverse perspectives of all
noncommercial users: including individual users, individual registrants,
organizational users and organizational registrants.

Debbie

-----Original Message-----
From: NCSG-Discuss [mailto:NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU] On Behalf Of
Milton L Mueller
Sent: Thursday, October 06, 2011 1:32 PM
To: NCSG-DISCUSS at LISTSERV.SYR.EDU
Subject: Re: [NCSG-Discuss] Question 4: role of NCSG representative or
chair

Debbie:

A question for you about this. One of the most important things the GNSO
Council does is elect someone to the ICANN Board.
During the last election, it seemed as if the entire NCSG was backing
Avri Doria for the Board. During the first round you did vote for Avri,
but on the second round, you switched your vote to the other candidate,
who was not supported by NCSG. As a result, Avri lost. You were asked at
the time why you made this switch, but you never made any reply. Perhaps
now would be a good time to do that?